I am a self-taught artist based in Reno, Nevada. My primary medium is soft pastel.
A few years back, my family and I just happened to stroll into a local small art supply store that was having a closeout sale. I was still working full-time, and with a young child, so I didn’t want to get into yet another art adventure. After all, I already had a bunch of watercolor paper and brush in the corner of the garage somewhere… Then I found a beautiful wooden box with Russian-made soft pastels at a discounted price. I always wanted to try pastels. For when I retire and have more time, I said to myself, and the pastels came home with me. It sat on my bookshelf for a couple of years until I came across a pastel painting class at a community college.
My favorite subject is landscape. I love painting the beauty of Northern Nevada; there’s an indescribable absoluteness. Standing still, surrounded by nature, I am trying to find that special something that makes paintings ring to your soul and mine.
I enjoy Plein air painting.
- Red Rock Pastel Society of Nevada
- Latimer Art Club
- Artists Co-op Gallery of Reno
- 2021 Latimer Art Club 14th Annual Miniature Show (NV statewide) 3rd place, pastel and People’s Choice Award
- 2022 Plein Air Amongst the Perennials at Wilbur D. May Arboretum, 2nd place
- 2022 Latimer Art Club 15th Annual Miniature Art Show (NV statewide) 1st place, pastel, and People’s Choice Award
- 2021/2022 Red Rock Pastel Society of Nevada member shows
- 2021/2022 Latimer Art Club Annual Miniature Art Show
- 2021/2022 Various Latimer Art Club shows
- 2022 Artists Co-op Gallery of Reno (guest artist)
- 2022 Reno-Tahoe International Art Show (as a part of Latimer Art Club)